Nature—informed 1:1 coaching
rewild yourself and get calm, clear and confident about your purpose-driven creative business
Try out a nature-informed coaching tool
Katie Treggiden shares a ‘four directions meditation’ that you can use to reflect on the sustainability journey you’re on and try out a nature-informed tool at the same time.
Does this sound like you?
- You feel a disconnect between your personal values and your current business or creative practice
- Perhaps you have been in business for a while and have legacy products that jar with your more recently developed beliefs about the environment
- Or maybe you’re just starting out and want to make sure you build your business with sustainability at its heart
- You have a great team but lack likeminded peers to bounce ideas off or go to for non-judgemental support – running a business can feel lonely, especially when you’re going against the grain and trying to do things differently
- You want to start asking some difficult questions about your creative practice and need a safe and compassionate space to explore the answers
- Perhaps you feel a little bit icky when you stand on a trade show or craft fair stand next to your products knowing they don’t quite align with your values
- Or possibly you’re super eco already, but just fed up with business advice that assumes you’re white, straight, male (even if you are!), and care about nothing but profit and growth at the expense of all else
- You might have tried online courses or group programmes, but now crave undivided focus and tailored advice for you and your practice – after all, athletes get coaches, why shouldn’t you have one?
Introducing: 1:1 Nature-informed Coaching
In-person or remote coaching and mentoring with Katie Treggiden in one-hour, one-day or six month packages.
- Undivided, tailored focus on you and your business
- A non-judgemental and compassionate space in which to explore the hard questions
- An approach that draws on the natural world to inspire you to build the business that is right for you and for the environment
- Encouragement to stop treating yourself like a machine or a resource to be extracted from to the point of depletion and instead to take care of yourself like the natural being that you really are
- A champion who is in your corner no matter how imperfect your progress
- A chance to align your business with your values and give you absolute confidence that what you’re putting out into the world is making it a better place
Work with me
Join me for 1:1 coaching and mentoring that is informed by the rhythms of nature.
— David Angelo, David & Goliath
How it works:
- You can choose from a 90-minute session, a one-day session or a 6-month package for more regular support
- I will ask you to complete a short questionnaire when you sign up so I can make sure I am fully prepared for our time together
- If you are based in, or can get to, West Cornwall, we’ll meet in person and take a walk along the coast path, taking in stunning landscapes and letting nature work its magic as we walk and talk
- If you can’t get to Cornwall, we will meet on Zoom, but we will both retreat into our nearest green or blue space before/during/after sessions to reflect on what we’ve discussed or to undertake a specific exercise
- You can bring a question or challenge (recommended for 90-minute or one-day sessions), or just see what bubbles up as we talk
- I will use nature-informed coaching modalities to help you explore the challenges you are facing through the lens of the more-than-human world and find the answers that are already within you
- I will also offer pragmatic advice drawing on 20 years’ experience in the creative industries and a career spanning books, journalism, Making Design Circular and training with the BioLeadersip Fellowship, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation and the University of Oxford
- We can continue the conversation after each session via an app called Voxer through which you can send me text or voice messages at any time of day or night!
Hey, I'm Katie Treggiden
I once told a business mentor that my mission was to “inspire, educate and empower designer-makers to join the circular economy.”
He told me he didn’t think I was doing that. “What?!” I said. “I’ve written books, I’ve got a podcast, I give talks on the world’s stages, I write for everybody from the Guardian to Crafts Magazine – what more can I do?!” I responded, slightly affronted.
“Oh, you’re inspiring them, for sure,” he said. “But what about the educate and empower part? What about the ‘how’?”
He was right of course and in that moment Making Design Circular was born.
I have since interviewed hundreds of designers, makers, artists and craftspeople about their sustainability journeys and beta-tested everything in the membership, short courses and 1:1 nature-informed coaching offer with brave souls who saw me embark on my own “progress over perfection” journey.
I have seen first-hand the transformation this work has had for those who have joined so far – and I want that for you too.
Here’s what you bring:
- Your whole nuanced, contradictory, imperfect self
- A commitment to progress over perfection and cultivating defiant hope even when the going gets tough
- A sense of openness to new ideas, new ways of being, and new ways of doing
- A commitment to doing any pre-work and homework as well as being fully present for sessions by showing up on time, well prepared, free from distraction, and ready to get stuck in
- A healthy dose of self-compassion when these things don’t quite all line up
- …and some proper outdoor clothes and footwear for whatever the Cornish weather throws at us!
Are you ready to invest in yourself and your sustainabilty journey?
Whether you’re looking for a single intensive session to crack one problem, a full-day deep-dive into your business or creative practice, or more sustained support over a longer period of time, I’ve got you.
So, let’s do this, shall we?
This 60–90-minute session is for you if there is one specific challenge you would like to explore with me – it might be a specific barrier to sustainability, something that’s got you feeling stuck, or a question about how to articulate what you’re already doing. The more focused your question, the more you will get out of this conversation.
This session includes a pre-call questionnaire for you to complete, a 90-minute walk in the West Cornwall countryside (or a 60-minute Zoom session if you’re not local followed by 30-minutes spent in nature with a specific task).
Plus you get a full day of Voxer support the day after the call. (Voxer is a ‘walkie talkie’ style app that enables us to exchange text messages and voice notes.)
A full day of digging into where you are on your sustainability journey and what’s getting in your way, while making sure your business or creative practice is aligned with your values, and can regenerate not only the planet, but you too.
This includes a pre-call questionnaire for you to complete followed by a full day (2 x two-hour sessions 10 am–12 noon and 2 pm–4 pm) together. If you can get to West Cornwall, we’ll spend the day walking in the countryside with a break for lunch – if you’re not local, we’ll meet on Zoom and spend the break each exploring our local green or blue spaces separately.
Plus Voxer support for the week after the call. (Voxer is a ‘walkie-talkie’ style app that enables us to exchange text messages and voice notes.).
Regular and ongoing support, bespoke to you, your businesses and the challenges you’re facing, as they happen over a six-month period of time.
This includes a questionnaire for you to complete followed by 6 months of 1:1 60-minute coaching and mentoring walks or 45-minute Zoom calls followed by 15 minutes in nature. The extended nature of this package gives us the change to get to know each other better and really dig deep.
PLUS unlimited Voxer support (Voxer is a ‘walkie-talkie’ style app through which you can send me text messages and voice notes any time, day or night, and I will respond during offer hours) AND complimentary membership of Making Design Circular.